Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A confession


It's really nothing much, but it must feel really good to be appreciated. Every single person would want this, guaranteed. I loveeeee seing how most people are being appreciated-small, big, huge, around me and I would often say "good for you". It really is, good for you, Alhamdulillah you're granted with such things, such friends, such supports. Often, I fail to see mine. And that's probably my biggest mistake. (Mistake: seeing appreciation only in the perspective of expression, which is not. It's way wider)

And I keep doing the same mistakes even after years, it really is hard to get rid of old habits and it keeps on affecting me. I keep on failing to see that appreciation doesn't have to come with such big words- "I am really proud of you" or "I'm the luckiest to find you". For some people, it could be their way of appreciating and we need to acknowledge that some just don't. If appreciating someone only comes in the form of gifts or goodnight wishes, I guess we're seeing such beautiful thing in a very narrow perspective.

I really want to believe that each and every one of us is appreciated in our own way, and it's pretty much is mutual. If you don't appreciate others or you don't show it, you really shouldn't expect the others to do such treatment towards you. It just doesn't add up. Have heard of 'what you give you get back'? It's my life motto don't tell other people(they'll steal them from me huhu) I'm seeing the significance of such word around me and I'm hoping for the same thing insyaAllah. And if you're wondering what are the appreciations that you could possibly receive, consider this; those people around you, they might not show it, but look into the small things, look at the body languages, look at the events, unknowingly you could be the only person that couldn't see your worth :)

But the most important aspect would be-----appreciate oneself first. Yes! You can never be appreciated nor appreciate anyone else without first appreciate yourself. In which I've also had such hard times to finally find peace and ease with myself. That was A Ride. It'll never be easy peasy, go hard, all out. You'll understand yourself better. You'll even appreciate yourself for being strong for the minimum things, you'll appreciate yourself for crying, for smiling, for waking up, for everything. 

A piece of mind though: If you really can't seem to see any reasons to appreciate someone, just don't hurt them. You could as well be the problem, not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment